Worlds in Danger Ep. 5 Worlds in Danger Ep. 5

I loved this! It's almost like Super Mario Bros. Z, except with more Sonic characters!

Though in the name of promoting creativity, you should try though to develop a more original and unique elements. It just seems like a copy-and-paste from SMBZ. Example: When Sonic was charging up to attack Eggman Nega, it's the exact same effect from SMBZ.

Other than that, I'll be interested in Episode 6 when it comes out.

Vegeta VS Team Mario Pt.2 Vegeta VS Team Mario Pt.2

Six

Pros:
-Good use of V-cam
-Decent length
-Credits with animation adds a nice touch

Cons:
-Stale Story line
-Unoriginal design
-Text boxes lacks appeal
-JPEGness in some backgrounds makes animation an eye-sore

Most of these points should be self explanatory. However, I wish to go into a bit more detail concerning your storyline and text boxes. Almost every time a character said a line, I get the impression that author was thinking something like "What SHOULD the character say?" instead of trying to put yourself in the character's shoes and say "What WOULD the character say?"

In a nutshell, it felt like the characters were saying whatever the heck they wanted to say.

I ain't saying I'm better when it comes to story writing but should be easy to top off by anyone as mine doesn't follow a script.

And speaking of story lines, the text itself was a little uncomfortable to read especially in the cave where it was black text on a dark blue dialog box, which was on top of a dark background. Give more contrast by either brightening the color of the dialog box or text. Please? ;)

As for some of the backgrounds looking JPEGish, it would appear as if you would need to go into Publish Settings and bump the JPEG quality up higher. Unless someone corrects me, I would recommend just crank it to maximum. It shouldn't or hardly effect the size of your swf file at all.

I think your skills in sprite animation seems to shine the most is in your v-cam movement and interaction with the 16-bit environment. This is probably what boosted your score the most. In fact, I'm not even sure what advice to give you. Only to say be cautious on not over-doing all the shaking and stuff.

And yes, I'm sure we probably all heard criticism like this before countless times, but what defiantly knocked at least a point or two from me was the material used in used in this animation. This had a bit too much hint of Super Mario Bros. Z with the same DBZ sounds, visual effects, and style of dialog boxes. I'm not saying you shouldn't be using any of the same effects, but how it was executed felt like their was hardly to no original style to the sprite animation. And besides, it's overused. People can still use Mario and Sonic sprite and can look nothing like SMBZ at all. Again, I'm not saying I'm better when it comes to issues such unoriginality, but I hope there will be more effort on aiming to create your own style.

Other than that, I give you a welcoming thumb-up and would like to see how Part 3 turns out. Hopefully by then I'll give at least a seven, eight, or if you really impress me, ten stars.

God bless and good luck. ;)

Darkfirexavior responds:

thanks for the tips! And I'm new to flash so I had no-clue about JPEG's and encreasing the quality, so I'll look into that a lot more.

Super Mario bros Z ep.8 Super Mario bros Z ep.8

...

I reley don't want to review like Axman13, but I have to now...

This movie is so awesome! I mean all you do is hit the spacebar, that's it! How is this packed with so much epicness anyway? You can't control anything, besides scene selection menu. What if I didn't want Mario and Sonic to attack the airship. What apout Shadow? all you can upgrade is Mario, Sonic, and Luigi?
there is no way you can lose to at the end! this movie is win! its not even an RPG at all! i mean look at it! in what way is this supposed to be an RPG if you can do DBZ punchs and stuff? all you do is press one butten the entier time! explain to me! the athore coments al totol lies! is it supposed to be Nintendo and Sega dudes? I know how this epic movie got the daily 1st prize, or a rating of 4.25!
pepole think this review is worthles.
go ahead! i dont care! im just trying to be humorous here!
DON"T BLAM THIS MASTERPIECE!!!!

P.S. the only reson im giving this a 10 is beacuase Mario/Sonic crossovers are pretty good. But that's it!

Luigi Two Lights' Hero 5 Luigi Two Lights' Hero 5

You sir are a hero!

I totally lol'd at the part where you were comparing SMBZ with your series not because I think its stupid but because its true. And you know, Alvin was actually not the first person to use DBZ fight style. Ever heard of Sonic's Quest for Power?

Sonic Battle: Collab Sonic Battle: Collab

Alright people

I'm one of the members who contributed to this collab. It seems there has been some slight misunderstanding in Sonic Battle Collab. First , I do agree with some of the reviewers when saying the menu can be somewhat misleading as some collab members (like me, lol) kind of drifted off the style it should of been.

Well, when I joined the collab, I thought the name "Sonic Battle Collab" was just a generic title for....say....like Sonic characters doing random fights and do it however the way you want it. I didn't know it was actually based on the actual game called Sonic Battle. I didn't find out until probably half way through my part. But, what's done is done.

Anyways, about the submission....

I'm really quite impressed how all the pieces were put together. In general, everyone did a fine job. Thank-you so much Newgrounds for Daily 5th! If anyone in the collab who deserve the trophy, it would be Pkmn2 and Da-bai. They both worked the hardest to make their parts appealing to the audience.

As for me? Well, I don't think I qualify to judge how well I did. lol. Thanks once again Newgrounds!

HarryControl

Pkmn2 responds:

lol, we end up blaming at each other.
I'm the one who misunderstood the whole collab. =P

That's why it ended up like this. A collab with extremely overpowered Sonic characters with random extra characters, who are shooting laser beams and punching rocks, as if it was jelly in the disguise of a tribute to a GBA game called "Sonic Battle", because a member thought, that the "Sonic Battle: Collab" is about the game and not about Sonic having a fight with random characters.

...*sigh*-_-;

But with that out of the way, it was fun working with you guys. =D

the Last of the Dashkin the Last of the Dashkin

Dude!

Do you get paid for doing these? Well you should. Your graphics and animation are absolutely mind blowing! It would take a lifetime for me to do something this good!

In other words, what I'm trying to say is I love it!

Tails OTWOR 3 (Scrapped) Tails OTWOR 3 (Scrapped)

No actually...

I'm going to rate you in general to all your Tails OTWOR episodes. I am completely in awe of your abilities to create such pro looking custom sprites and yet at the same time able to display good Flash animation skills. This must take a whole whack full of your time to do this! Excellent job! This is defiantly more than what I can handle! I don't have the flip'n patience!

And you know, just the fact that I see new sprite poses of Tails can be kind of refreshing as sprites tend to be kind of repetitive.

I am liking the story, probably because Tails is the main character and he's my favorite. XD

All else I can say is continue being creative and hopefully me and your crazy fans will be seeing another installment of Tails OTWOR in the near future.

Sonic vs. Shadow 2: T.C. Sonic vs. Shadow 2: T.C.

Well Done!

I like your fight styles. Probably because they're creative and original....well, to a certain aspect that is, but you know what I mean. The only problem I had was, like EXHellfire said, the white lines when the stage vibrated. But other than that, I still think you got some pro sprite animating qualities as much as the next pro. And you can take that to the bank!

Short-Factor responds:

I'll deposit that in my ego fund.

Sonic X: Tribute to Cosmo Sonic X: Tribute to Cosmo

Almost brought tears to my eyes

geez, it hurts me almost as much as it for Tails to say goodbye to Cosmo. :'(

Although I don't necessarily like Sonic X for its graphics and animation. I have to admire your efforts in making scenes that are nearly identical to Sonic X. Considering that its only two people as oppose to a big team. However, I did notice a bit of a difference. The graphics have a bit of that Flash touch to them. But I'm cool with that. Awesome!

Your music selection was good too. Couldn't think of any better ones.

Stupid Mario Bros. Z Stupid Mario Bros. Z

What the heck?!

Okay, I'll admit it was rather funny, especially the part where Mario says: "And now, I will take one step". But seriously, why the heck do you people vote 10 on this? You people can vote this review useless or call me a retard as much as you want, but I still think this is rather terrible sprite animation. I can't even understand how this even past the portal! the dialog layout wasn't very appealing either. If you ask me I would prefer skipping your dialogs than Alivn-Earthworm's. If there's one tip I were to give you is this...... watch ADAVNCE SPRITE TUTORIAL!

Lots of people find this review helpful!